Friday, August 20, 2010

HI, I have a problem with my TRIUMPH TROPHY 1200 (spluttering)?

When the engine is started it seems to keep spluttering and turning over, I've taken it apart and looked at it as well as i can but cant figure out what the fault could be..any suggestions?



HI, I have a problem with my TRIUMPH TROPHY 1200 (spluttering)?software



definitely check the sparkplugs, that's the easiest and first thing to check when a bike that's been running, all of a sudden starts spluttering. could be fuel too, check any petcock screens you may have and clean them out.



course if it's been sitting and wasting away in someone's garage for a while it may be bad fuel and/or gummed up carbs, drain the tank put a bottle of carb cleaner [yes a full bottle is totally ok] in the tank [gumout or stp] fill the tank with new fuel and ride it about 20-30 miles. that might clear it up. might not hurt to just throw new plugs in either way.



what exactly did you take apart? the motor? the carb? or just the plastics over the motor?



HI, I have a problem with my TRIUMPH TROPHY 1200 (spluttering)?vincent



I'm not familiar with Triumphs.



If it has points, check the gap, timing, mechanical advancer (if it has one) and bearings (moto guzzies had a distributor with bearings).



If you feel it's fuel related, contact me for a carb trouble shooting guide.
is this a new triumph?



has this bike been sitting in storage for a while?



if so to both questions above, bike carb is probably dirty. just need to put fresh gas and ride it for a while and everythign will clear up
check if the spark plug is at the end of its days

No comments:

Post a Comment