Friday, August 20, 2010

Can anyone who has rode an '06 Triumph Speed Triple, tell me if it's top heavy? They look

Also, does anyone that owns one of these ride with friends who ride sportbikes (like gixxers). If so, how well do they keep up, in the straights, and in the twisties?



Can anyone who has rode an '06 Triumph Speed Triple, tell me if it's top heavy? They look like they sit high.microsoft



My friend just got a 05 which is the same animal, (04 was the previous generation) anyway its not top heavy. He rode w/ me and another friend 04 R1 and 05 1000rr and kept up better than he normally does on his Ducati. I rode it thru some twisties and its fun, the motor is plenty fast and torquey I didnt like the pipes as my boots kinda got hung up on them, I also dont like the triumph front master cyl as for some reason they have slack in them before the piston moves. I had a 01 triumph that was exactly the same. I'm sure a master cyl change can remedy that easily, or just get used to pulling in the slack before braking.



Can anyone who has rode an '06 Triumph Speed Triple, tell me if it's top heavy? They look like they sit high.norton ghost



The S3 is a GREAT bike for commuting and canyon carving.. As far as comfort, I'd say it's as comfortable as my monster, but really cramped for any passengers that may be unfortunate to ride with you. I don't remember the S3 being ''top heavy'' but then again, I can't think of any bike I've ridden in the last decade being top heavy other than the BMW adventure and KTM SM (and even those weren't bad. I'm 5' 11'').



BTW, the S3 makes the most satisfying exhaust note. You should just go and test drive it. Bring your wallet. Also check out the KTM super duke 990.. Other than just sitting on it, I don't have any FHE, but I hope to change that this weekend!
Don't know about the top heavy part but if you're any kind of rider a speed3 should have no problem keeping pace with a gixxer in the straights or the corners ( ok maybe the gixxer 1000 is faster in the straights).

No comments:

Post a Comment